Go to Home Page


If the course has not changed at all, and there are no changes to start or finish, nor at any corner or in the section of road available to runners, then you may apply for renewal of the certificate for a new race date which is not later than the 10th anniversary of the measurement date recorded on the certificate of course accuracy.


If your race is in England, Scotland or Wales, you can supply all the details for the renewal using an on-line form on this website at coursemeasurement.org.uk/renew. You will be emailed a link whcich you need to click to verify the email address works. Your renewal certificate will be emailed to you within 14 days.


In case of difficulty using the on-line form please contact your area measurement secretary (see contacts).


The renewed Certificate of Course Accuracy must be on display to runners and officials on race day.

For certificates more than ten years old either a remeasurement should be arranged, or a measurer with current knowledge of the course should inspect the original measurement report and if he can confirm to the area measurement secretary that no changes have taken place then a new certificate will be issued.


    Note: The race director must be in possession of a copy of the original race measurement report and consult it each year. Experience shows that if a race organisation relies on memory, changes can sometimes unfortunately creep in which may result in short courses. Copies of the original race measurement report are held on file by the area Course Measurement Secretary and possibly also by the original measurer.

Questions often asked by Race Directors


How do I get a:


If you have a question which is not answered by the links above please email to