Go to Home Page

Organisers of Races licenced by UKA or ARC

The first thing most runners consider is how long is the race. Then, most want to know if it is has been accurately measured so they can evaluate their performance and especially if they hope to achieve a personal best.


You will need to get your race measured by an official course measurer and then you will be issued with a UKA or ARC Certificate of Course Accuracy as appropriate. Official measurement is a condition for the issue of a race licence by the governing bodies. The only UKA or ARC races which do not need a certficate are those which do not advertise a distance, or those which are multi-terrain and therefore can not be guaranteed to be accurate. N.B. Certifcates are not issued for events which are not under UKA or ARC licences.

certified accurate

Once you have your certificate you may use this "Certified Accurate" logo in your advertising. It is instantly recognised by officials and most runners as a guarantee of measurement accuracy. The Power of 10 Rankings only recognise performances on courses licensed by UKA and which have a Certificate of Course Accuracy


Runners with GPS sometimes challenge a race distance, but if you have had an official measurement you can tell them your certificate is listed on this website. You can also point them towards the section on this website for GPS Users, which explains why GPSs are not so accurate.


If the race course and marshalling is unchanged, the certificate may be renewed for new races held up to the 10th anniversary of the measurement date, then the course has to be inspected or measured again.


In the right hand panel are links to answers to questions often asked by Race Organisers..

Questions often asked by Race Directors


How do I get a:


If you have a question which is not answered by the links above please email to